Month 26–steady healing

Late update: written 8 Dec 2015 & backdated on blog.

HI all,

Sorry been busy with life and lazy in between so haven’t updated my TSW journey by the month. I have been transitioning to a raw vegan diet (see All About Diet post). It’s been quite hard as my family is still into cooked foods and I do do fruit smoothies and raw finger vege sticks for the boys (unfortunately they don’t like leafy salads) but they still want their rice (we are so Asian :P) I understand cos I am a big rice girl but seriously not a great diet for healing so I really needed to make changes.

I get quite stressed making cooked food for them (I feel bad giving the dead food instead of real food – raw fruit and veges) and sometimes end up eating the cooked meal for comfort afterwards then I feel guilty and crap afterwards. Another vicious cycle I need to work on, I just need to get more organized and do it one step at a time I guess. It’s very hard to keep up with the self-discipline aspect. But I know I will eventually get to at least a 80% raw diet!!

IMG_4476
Berry smoothie :)
IMG_4546
Green salad with avocados, cheery
tomatoes and sesame dressing
toppedwith roasted sesame

IMG_4562
Mono-fruit lunch. GRAPES!
Oh and I painted my nails :P
IMG_4542
Avocado, cherry tomatoes and
cajun spice on gluten-free toast
IMG_4798
Green salad with vegan prawn
































Skin wise things are moving slowly. Not much different from last month.
IMG_4407IMG_4413
Good sleep obviously improves my skin the next day greatly. Dead skin ALWAYS flakes off beautifully with good skin underneath if I get good sleep. Why? Because our organs get to fully detoxify and recuperate during our deep sleep state Remember, each period of the day our body goes through different repairs, I found a simple chart that explains this in Chinese and provided translations next to it. It's so essential to be asleep from 9pm to 1am. It provides great healing to our skin – which is a stagnant lymph and clogged kidney issue (see my post on Understanding our great lymphatic system)

人体器官夜间睡眠排毒表 免费
Source: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_75ad445c0101974w.html

Food is another factor. Remember we are what we eat, drink, breathe, think, feel and put on our skin Smile I must choose to fuel my body with the best only Open-mouthed smile There are of course cheat days. On cheat days I would eat some carby food Smile with tongue outI hope these days will diminish greatly over time. I have no cravings at all for dairy products. I used to lovvvvve cheese. I have no feelings for him anymore hohohoho. I have been gluten-free for awhile, but still eat the not-so-good carbs like rice (mainly brown rice) and potatoes etc. This is my weakness I think being brought up in a Chinese family it’s hard to quit these cooked foods, I think it will take me time to really wean off these foods.
IMG_4812
Gluten-free kimchi pancakes on
raw  green spinach
IMG_4823
Fresh guacamole and gluten-free toast strips


















Skincare wise, I am still experimenting with different oils & essential oils for making skincare. Lately I’ve been adding geranium and lavender essential oils to my creams it makes it so much more soothing and nice. I tend to like the thick cream texture rather than a lotion or butter type as it absorbs to my skin better. For those interested in making their own creams I have shared a basic recipe in my last post (Month 25 & homemade skincare recipes)
IMG_4545


I think that’s about it for this month’s update.

Remember we are what we eat, drink, breathe, think, feel and put on our skin Smile Love yourself and fuel yourself with the best only Red heart

Keep striving everyone. Happy healing!!

xxx’
ahfaye

Anita

Thank you for reading this post. I wish you great health, happiness and success in everything you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment